How to Delete Downloads on Android
Lack of free memory is a serious problem that can disrupt the functioning of the entire system. As a rule, in this situation simply cleaning is not enough. The most powerful and often unnecessary files can be found and deleted from the download folder. There are several ways to do this, each of which will be discussed in the article you offer.
1.Method 1: File manager
2. Method 2: General Commander
3. Method 3: Built-in Explorer
4. Method 4: Downloads
Delete download on Android
To delete downloaded documents, you can use built-in or third-party applications on Android. Built-in tools allow you to save memory on your smartphone, while applications specifically designed for file management give users more options.
Method 1: File manager
Free application in the Game Store, with which you can quickly make space in the phone’s memory.
Download the file manager
1. Install and open the manager. Open the Downloads folder by clicking the appropriate icon.
2. In the list that opens, select the file to delete, click and hold it. After about a second, mark the green light and an additional menu will appear at the bottom of the screen. If you need to delete several files at once, select them with one click (without holding down). Click “Delete”
3. A dialog box appears asking you to confirm the action. By default, the file is permanently deleted. If you want to keep it in the cart, uncheck “Delete permanently”. Click OK.
The possibility of irrevocable removal is one of the main advantages of this method.
Method 2: General Commander
A popular and multifunctional program that will help you put things in order on your smartphone.
Download Total Commander
1. Install and run Total Commander. Open the Downloads folder.
2. Click and hold the desired document – the menu appears. Select “Delete”
3. In the dialog, confirm the action by clicking “Yes”.
Unfortunately, in this application, it is not possible to select several documents at once.
Read more: how to create video wall papers on Android
Method 3: Built-in Explorer
You can delete downloads using the built-in Android file manager. Its presence, appearance, and functionality depend on the housing and version of the installed system. Therefore, The following procedure describes how to delete downloaded files using Explorer on Android 6.0.1.Find and open the Explorer application. In the app window, click Downloads.
- Select the file you want to delete. At first, do this, click on it and do not release it until you see a checkmark and an additional menu at the bottom of the screen. Select the “Delete” option
- In the window that opens, click “Delete” to confirm the action.
Also, you have to note that some applications create separate directories to store downloaded materials that do not always appear in the shared folder. In this case, it is most convenient to delete them through the application itself.
This article describes the basic methods and principles for deleting downloaded files from your smartphone.
1. ← Recover deleted images on Android
2. How to transfer Android device in recovery mode →
3. In the dialog, select the check box next to “Delete downloaded files” and select “OK” to confirm the action.
For permanent removal, clean the device of debris.
Method 4: Downloads
Like Explorer, the built-in download management utility may look different. It’s usually called “Downloads” and is located on the “All Apps” tab or the main screen.
• Start the program and select the desired document by long pressing and a menu with additional options will appear. Click “Delete”.